Ferrari Accident Singapore


Ferrari Accident: The Ferrari driver has been identified as 31-year-old Chinese businessman Ma Chi, who was pronounced dead on the scene.  Taxi driver involved in Ferrari crash declared brain dead. The human cost of the horrific accident involving a Ferrari in the early morning hours of Saturday morning at the junction off Raffles Hospital in Bugis keeps mounting.

It’s now been revealed that the taxi driver involved in the three-vehicle crash, who is currently being hospitalised in Tan Tock Seng hospital, has been declared brain dead by doctors.

Tai is currently on life support and cannot be operated on further because of a severe brain haemorrhage and doctors predict the chance of reviving him is slim.

The fatal accident on Saturday has already claimed two lives — the driver of the Ferrari himself and the passenger in the taxi, revealed to be a Japanese tourist in her 20s.

Another two people — a motor-cycle rider in his 20s and a 20-something female passenger in the Ferrari were also injured.
A spokesperson from the Singapore Civil Defence Force said they received a call at 4:17am notifying them of the accident, which involved a red Ferrari, a motorbike and a taxi.

According to a family friend, the paper reported he was said to be applying for permanent residency here. He and his family live in a penthouse in the East Coast and his wife is expecting a second child.

According to Shin Min Daily News, witnesses say that the Ferrari crashed into a taxi when it ran a red light, causing the taxi to hit a passing motorcycle.

Ma’s family members were reported to have been spotted at the mortuary on the same morning. His mother was said to be extremely distraught.

In the last 12 days, six accidents had occurred at the same spot, reported the Shin Min Daily News.

Doctors told Shin Min Daily News that 52-year-old Mr Cheng Teck Hock was in a serious condition and that they had asked the family to be prepared for the worst.

His wife told the Chinese daily that Mr Cheng was a night relief driver and did not return home even though it was very late.

Mr Cheng’s family thought he had visited some friends, and did not expect the police to notify them of the accident.

Although he had two emergency medical procedures done on him, he was still in a serious medical condition as he had serious brain hemmorhaege and could not go under the knife.

They identified him at the hospital by his clothing and personal belongings.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.