Heart Attack Grill Second Woman Collapses Eating Double Bypass Burger: A Las Vegas woman in her 40s collapsed at the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas while dining on a double bypass burger, smoking cigarettes and drinking a margarita. She was found unconscious at the restaurant. The woman is currently in recovery.
There is a sign at the Heart Attack Grill that issues the warning, “This Establishment is Bad for Your Health.” Items on the menu include burgers with names such as the “Triple” and “Quadruple Bypass Burger,” and lard-cooked “Flatliner French Fries.” The quadruple bypass burger has even been named by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most caloric sandwich in the world, coming in at 10,000 calories for the 4-patty burger topped with layers of cheese and bacon.
Two months ago, a customer at the same restaurant suffered a heart attack while eating a triple bypass burger. Incidentally, one year ago, the Heart Attack Grill’s 575-pound, 29-year-old spokesman died.
This bout of unfortunate events has had little effect on the restaurant’s business, in which people remain drawn to the monstrous burgers. The quadruple bypass burger clocks in around 10,000 calories — Guinness World Records has crowned the burger the most caloric sandwich on Earth.
The Heart Attack Grill has signs that read “This Establishment is Bad for Your Health.” “Unlike cigarettes, I have had warnings labels since Day 1 when we opened in 2005 telling people how bad our food is for you,” owner Jon Basso tells the Los Angeles Times,” I think that skirts any liability we might have.” via Huff Post